Happy Friday Everyone!!
It can be beneficial to turn to humor in stressful situations. The year 2020 could most definitely be defined as stressful. Some would argue that the stress of 2020 has spilled over into 2021(it would be hard to argue that it hasn't). Regardless of the stress, humor can help alleviate it. Here are 10 things to consider about 2020 and our stress:
- The dumbest thing I ever bought was a 2020 planner.
- I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.
- In previous years: Stay away from negative people. In 2020: Stay away from positive people.
- The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house and their kids are yelling at them to stay at home.
- This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her. I came home and told my cat. We laughed a lot.
- Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas and sweatpants will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
- Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
- I need to practice social distancing from the refrigerator.
- I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the Backyard. I'm getting tired of the Living Room.
- Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank teller wearing a mask & ask for money.
Humor can definitely lighten the stress load, if even for a moment.